september morning

9.15.2014

did you ever notice how it's easier to wake up early when you're on vacation? well andy and i couldn't stop remarking about it last week when we were in montana. even with august's 6:30 am wake up call (which he faithfully kept despite the two-hour time change - my boy!), getting up wasn't as rough as it usually is when we're back at home. maybe it was the beautiful sunrises, or the possibility of mid-day naps, or the promise of a freshly brewed pot of coffee, but i actually anticipated those early hours when we'd bundle up, step out into the cool september morning, and watch the fog lift off the purple mountains. each morning the sun would slowly come up over the ridge and illuminate the horizon with the hopeful pastels of a new day with nothing on the itinerary. 
this week sure is going to be an adjustment getting back into routine. thank goodness there's still promise of coffee in the morning.

12 comments:

Christine D. | The Plumed Nest said...

these photos are just gorgeous!! montana is so beautiful. i also love to wake up early on vacation. morning is my favorite time, so i love enjoying that lovely quiet time wherever i go.

Bec said...

What stunning photos! And yes, I know that feeling all too well. x

Ursula said...

Yes it really is easy to wake up on vacation. I savour those mornings when I have nothing to do except look outside, read a newspaper and sit coffee. What beautiful pictures you take Lucinda :)

Amy S. said...

I agree, it is easier to wake up early on vacation. In my case, though, I think it's partly because I typically do not sleep very well if I'm not in my own bed. Although, the knowledge that an afternoon nap is possible certainly doesn't hurt :-)

gillian claire said...

Love the photos! Goodness, I'd live in that cabin for sure...

Erin said...

Mid-day naps are an enticement that even I would sacrifice a few hours of sleep for. Something about delayed gratification, yes? I think vacation sort presses the pause button on all normal stressors, and so you can take things in stride more easily. Enjoy every second! xoxo

Ting said...

These photos are so pretty!x

All white

lucinda said...

thank you!

lucinda said...

yeah, and to top it off, those mid-day naps were with auggie so they really were the BEST

lucinda said...

it is the quaintest and most cozy, i tell you. ;)

lucinda said...

thank you, friend. ;)

Petra said...

beautiful photos. and yes, it is definitely easier to get up early on holidays

 

© current tempo All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger